SAPERE is the Society for the Advancement of Philosophical Enquiry and Reflection in Education.
Founded in 1992, SAPERE is the UK's national charity supporting Philosophy for Children. Our mission is to train teachers in Philosophy for Children which encourages children to think critically, creatively, collaboratively and caringly. We help children, particularly those facing disadvantage, to become lifelong learners.
Our work includes:
- P4C training for 5,500 teachers each year
- Our Going for Gold whole school training programme to embed and sustain P4C
- SAPERE P4C School Awards to celebrate schools' success in implementing and embedding high-quality and sustainable P4C
- A national register of over 60 qualified SAPERE trainers
- P4C teacher training with university and teaching school partners
- Resources, newsletters and e-bulletins
- Conferences, seminars, and trainer professional development
- National projects, including academic research projects
- Representation and advisory role
We are a membership charity and welcome new members who share our vision for P4C.
Our Annual Report and Financial Statements 2017-2018 and Chair of Trustees Report 2017-2018 are available to download.