P4C Foundation Course Level 1
Our online P4C Foundation Course Level 1 is now open for booking. To book your place, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the course you want to attend.
If you are a Going for Gold or EEF Project school, please do not book online. Contact us on email@example.com or phone 01865 408333.
We have temporarily suspended course bookings for our face-to-face Level 1 but hope to run a full programme of courses from autumn 2020. Keep checking back to find out when we release dates. You can also sign up to our P4C News Update to keep up to date with our new courses.
Start practising P4C with your students
This two-day course will enable you to start practising P4C with your students straight away. You will learn how to:
- encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- facilitate a P4C enquiry in your classroom
- identify resources to stimulate rich discussions among your students
The Level 1 course:
- introduces the theory and practice of P4C
- provides tools to develop students’ questioning and thinking skills
- connects P4C to the curriculum
- demonstrates philosophical enquiry in practice
- presents P4C resources and sources of teaching materials
Completion of the course and the facilitation of six P4C sessions will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Online courses take place via Zoom and are delivered through three four-hour modules. The session dates and time of each course listed below are as follows:
- Tuesday 9 June, Tuesday 16 June, Tuesday 23 June: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Thursday 11 June, Thursday 18 June, Thursday 25 June: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Monday 29 June, Monday 6 July, Monday 15 July: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 1 July, Wednesday 8 July, Wednesday 17 July: each session runs from 1pm to 5pm