P4C Advanced Course Level 2A
We have temporarily suspended course bookings for our Level 1, Level 2A and Level 2B courses. We are working to create an online Level 1 course as quickly as we can. We also hope to run a full programme of face-to-face courses from autumn 2020.
Please check back regularly for updates. You can also sign up to our P4C News Update to keep up to date with our new courses, including our online Level 1.
Advance your P4C skills for higher quality enquiries and learn how to support less-experienced colleagues
Have you completed Level 1, including facilitating at least six P4C enquiries, and been using P4C regularly for at least six months? Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate? Do you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident or experienced in P4C?
This two-day course will advance your skills in conducting higher quality enquiries and in supporting less-experienced colleagues. You will learn how to:
- facilitate P4C enquiries with more flexibility and reflection
- enhance learning through critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- drive progress in philosophical enquiry at your school
The Level 2A course:
- examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Participants must have completed the Level 1 and hold a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Facilitator Certificate.
Courses will be listed here as soon as we are able to confirm dates.