The Philosophical Educator: Advancing Theory and Practice of P4C Level 3
Explore the philosophical foundations of P4C and become an advanced facilitator
'It gives you the theory that underpins the practice and therefore allows you a far greater understanding of the nature and value of P4C.'
Level 3 course delegate, 2018
Do you have experience of leading P4C in your school? Do you want to understand the philosophy behind P4C to progress further? Are you considering becoming a SAPERE trainer?
This three-day residential course is designed for educators who have been practising P4C regularly for at least two years, who want to develop a deep understanding of the philosophy behind P4C, and who may want to become SAPERE trainers. You will:
- Engage critically with the educational and philosophical perspectives that underpin P4C
- Develop a deep understanding of these theoretical foundations of P4C and understand how to link these to advanced P4C practice
- Develop the understanding of P4C necessary to embark on the SAPERE trainer pathway
The course focuses on questions and concepts in these broad areas of philosophical thinking:
- Language and learning
- Knowledge and belief in P4C
- Ethics and politics in and of P4C
- Childhood and P4C
- Experience and the aesthetic response in P4C
Participants must have completed the Level 2B course, including the course report, and have practised P4C regularly for at least two years.
Completion of the Level 3 course and post-course assignment will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Advanced Facilitator Certificate.
Successful completion of the Level 3 course allows you to apply for the SAPERE trainer pathway.
The course for the three-day course is £750, including accommodation and catering. Our next Level 3 Course will take place in October 2019: details, including how to book, will be posted here shortly.