P4C and Teacher Training
Through our Registered Partner programme, we work with Initial Teacher Training (ITT) institutions, both higher education institutions and teaching schools, to bring P4C to the next generation of teachers.
Our Registered ITT Partners:
- Offer their student teachers a four-hour introductory unit, which has credit towards SAPERE’s two day Foundation Level 1 course. The unit can be offered on an integral or optional basis within courses.
- Receive materials from SAPERE to support you in teaching this unit
Students undertaking the introductory unit will:
- Be able to begin practising P4C with their classes
- Be eligible to attend a completion/follow up day leading to a SAPERE Level 1 certificate. (NB as a partner you have the option to commission a further day from SAPERE.) All training and materials for students will be at reduced rates
To qualify as a SAPERE Partner you need to either to:
- Have completed the SAPERE Level 2 course OR
- Attend two days training with some required reading and a written reflection on the impact of P4C on pedagogic practice
Costs: £300 for two-day course for 1 delegate or £500 for two-day course for 2 delegates. There is an annual partner registration fee of £250 which includes membership of SAPERE.
To find out more about becoming a Registered Partner, please contact our Partnerships Manager, Lizzy Lewis.
Our Registered ITT Partners are: